Bluestream XDocs provides an excellent solution for cross-functional areas that are looking to solve specific content problems. Bluestream XDocs enables you to create flexible documentation, build content-rich, personalized Web sites, and topic-based knowledge bases that ensure the content in your organization is accurate, relevant, easy-to-find, and tailored to meet customer needs.
Some of XDocs functional solutions include:
- Support for multiple authors and concurrent users
- Flexible content editor configuration for XML content
- The ability to manage attachments, such as graphics or PDFs
- Dynamic link management
- Ability to export content to multiple formats (web, PDF, or other XML formats)
- Ability to exchange content with other systems
- Support for reviewers
- Web previews through real-time content generation
- Web-based file management
- The ability to launch non-XML files in their native applications - for example, clicking a CAD file allows you to edit the file without leaving the CCMS
- Full text-search capability
For examples of ways that some customers have implemented XDocs to handle a specific need, read our case studies.
The CompanyThompson Rivers University
A university that delivers distance education degrees wanted to find a less costly, more efficient way of delivering their course content.
The organization discovered that having created their learning content in a proprietary XML format, they were locked into using a costly, closed system. They were looking for an affordable solution that provided authoring and publishing of the proprietary XML to both print and Web formats.
XDocs was implemented and configured to convert their content, and style it for publication in multiple output channels. This was accomplished with the XDocs open system. Best of all, the entire cost of XDocs was a third of the annual support costs of maintaining their legacy content management system!