XDocs v3 Released
Reviewing and Contributing to DITA documents has never been easier
September 22, 2011 - Vancouver, Canada: Bluestream Database Software Corp—a provider of DITA-enabled Component Content Management System (CCMS) solutions—today announced the general availability of XDocs CCMS v3.0. Bluestream’s latest XDocs v3.0 offers a web review module that makes DITA transparent and easily accessible to reviewers. Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) can, for the first time anywhere, add content along with review comments to DITA documents from a web browser.
The XDocs CCMS Online Reviewer module allows easier DITA adoption throughout an organization, as the Online Reviewer uses a familiar word processing interface that allows SMEs to comment and mark up DITA content from the XDocs repository using only a web browser. The Online Reviewer tightly integrates with XDocs Workflow to provide a seamless and more productive process for content creators.
In addition to reviewing DITA documents, the Online Reviewer gives SMEs the ability to contribute new content directly in the DITA document using a web browser and a familiar word processing interface. When the SME is finished with the document, they pass it back in XDocs Workflow to authors who can view the draft-comments and tracked changes in the XML editor.
In its mission to enable corporations of all sizes to fully benefit from CCMS solutions and DITA capability, Bluestream’s XDocs v3.0 provides the following new key features:
New Online Reviewer module—a web-based applet integrated with the XDocs repository and with XDocs Workflow that allows content reviewers to:
- Access the module and repository content using a web browser
- View the content that has been assigned to them in Workflow
- Review the content, DITA topics and maps, directly from the XDocs repository
- Use a familiar word processor-type interface
- Embed draft-comments in DITA topics and maps
- Add new content directly in DITA topics and maps
- Track and embed changes for proposed content insertions and deletions in DITA topics and maps
- Advance content to the next step in Workflow when finished reviewing
New Comments on check-in—a function that allows authors and editors to add comments to topic and map metadata to summarize changes and describe their work in order to better capture the evolution of file versions.
Bluestream VP of marketing and sales Nenad Furtula said, “DITA adoption within organizations has been hindered by software and tool vendors’ inability to obfuscate the complexity of DITA and XML authoring from SMEs who cringe at the very thought of angle brackets, element lists, and attribute inspectors, among other things. The XDocs Reviewer answers the call and enables these same SMEs to review and contribute to existing DITA documents in a seamless MS-Word-like manner. This, in my mind, is a game changer, and to date, the response has been overwhelming “
Bluestream’s flag-ship product XDocs enables organizations of all sizes to realize the benefits of DITA at a lower cost than the competition, with a comparable or better quality product, thus offering unparalleled value. XDocs is an out-of-the-box, DITA-enabled Component Content Management System (CCMS) that deploys in hours rather than weeks, is easy to use, and has a tight integration with various XML editors. Its flexible, unlimited, user-licensing, and optional modules—such as Workflow, Knowledge Base, Online Reviewer, and Translation Manager—allow for economical end-to-end content creation, management, and publishing. XDocs customers range from Fortune 100 organizations seeking complex cross-departmental DITA solutions to small businesses containing single author documentation teams.
Bluestream has been in business since 1997 and has customers in many verticals, among them software, oil and gas, health care, military, manufacturing, and finance.
- Webinar—DITA: The Xerox Enterprise Approach Released: May 16, 2013
- Webinar—Squeeze the maximum value from your terminology Released: May 7, 2013
- Bluestream offers enhanced sales and support in Europe Released: Feb 21, 2013
- XDocs version 3.5 delivers on DITA translation promise Released: Dec 19, 2012
- Simply XML Announces New Relationship with Bluestream Released: Sep 7, 2012
- Webinar: Taking the Pain out of SME Review Released: Mar 8, 2012
- Bluestream releases XDocs v3.1 bringing suite of powerful DITA-enabled doc solutions to Mac users Released: Feb 15, 2012
- Adobe Partnership Released: Nov 30, 2011
- XDocs v3 Released Released: Sep 22, 2011
- DITA Europe 2011 Released: Sep 19, 2011
- XDocs CCMS v.2.4 Released Released: May 5, 2011
- Bluestream Announces Strategic Partnership with SyncRO Soft in order to deliver a better and a more Released: Mar 14, 2011