Bluestream Releases XDocs 1.1
Vancouver, BC, June 13, 2007—Bluestream Corp., the world leader in XML content solutions, today announced the release of XDocs 1.1, an XML-based, single-source content management system that enables organizations to publish content to multiple channels.
XDocs is an out-of-the box DITA (Darwin Information Typing Architecture) enabled XML content management system ideal for budget conscious organizations that are looking to maximize content reuse and repurposing. Built with the non-technical user in mind, XDocs is a standards-compliant single-sourcing solution that enables technical communicators to create, manage, and store large volumes of both XML and non-XML content.
Gershon L Joseph, Director of Technology and Single Sourcing Tech-Tav Documentation Ltd., and Secretary, OASIS DITA Technical Committee, Secretary, OASIS DITA Translation Subcommittee, said, “We have thoroughly reviewed XDocs 1.1 and are very impressed with its maturity and stability. The team producing XDocs understands their target market and has fine-tuned their product to provide a powerful system that authors find intuitive and easy-to-use. We’ve found that publishing performance far exceeds that of most other CMS products. DITA support is truly built into the product, making XDocs a very serious out-of-the-box DITA CMS solution.”
A few features stand out:
- Publish Profile - Multiple profiles allow for easy conditional processing and variable insertion at publish time, depending on the pre-selected profile (e.g. variant A vs. variant B of a particular document).
- Versioning - New versions of documents are automatically created on check-in and old versions are maintained. Switching between versions is easy and intuitive.
- Publish Variables - Variables can be embedded in content that are set to particular values at publish time. For example, content can contain a CustomerName variable which gets set to the particular customer at publish time.
- XML Editor Interoperability - XDocs can work with any XML editor currently on the market; however, support for XMetaL has been enhanced. (configurable conref and Navigation link insertion, and auto scaling of images, to mention a few). Extended support for FrameMaker 8.0 is also in the works.
- PDF Publishing - XDocs ships with a RenderX XEP Server allowing for superior PDF output. FOP is also included.
- Knowledge Base - XDocs ships with a configurable knowledge base for ease of displaying content on line (think of online help, but better).
- User Interface - easy to navigate and intuitive to use.
“The XDocs CMS has solidly fulfilled our needs. It’s been very stable in our production environment—a key concern in the SAAS world. XDocs is a perfect fit for any organization seriously considering the DITA architecture for delivering their technical documentation.” -Raul da Silva, Tools Global Product Manager, Workday, Inc.
XML Content management and dynamic content publishing have never been easier to put into practice. Regardless of the size of your organization or the budget allocated towards creating, managing and publishing content XDocs has been designed and priced to fit your needs. For more information about XDocs, visit http://www.bluestream.com.
- Bluestream CTO presenting at the 2015 CMS/DITA NA conference Released: Mar 31, 2015
- Metadata Part 2: Metadata and the Future of Content Released: Oct 30, 2014
- Webinar: Metadata Part 1 Released: Sep 9, 2014
- Bluestream’s Fall 2014 Conference Schedule Released: Aug 12, 2014
- New Adobe FrameMaker XML Author and FrameMaker 12 seamlessly integrate with the XDocs CCMS Released: Mar 12, 2014
- Introducing XDocs 4.0—innovative new features to speed content delivery and ease management Released: Jan 31, 2014
- Spain’s First Structured Content Strategy Seminar Released: Jan 13, 2014
- DITA: The Xerox Enterprise Approach Released: May 16, 2013
- Webinar—Squeeze the maximum value from your terminology Released: May 7, 2013
- Bluestream offers enhanced sales and support in Europe Released: Feb 21, 2013
- XDocs version 3.5 delivers on DITA translation promise Released: Dec 19, 2012
- Simply XML Announces New Relationship with Bluestream Released: Sep 7, 2012