A Good Connection Just Got Better!
Adobe FrameMaker 10 users enjoy enhanced productivity with tighter integration in Bluestream’s XDocs v3.0
November 30, 2011, Vancouver, Canada: Bluestream Database Software Corp—a provider of DITA-enabled Component Content Management System (CCMS) solutions—has allied with Adobe to provide tighter integration and advanced connectivity between FrameMaker10 and Bluestream’s XDocs CCMS v3.0. This tighter integration promises enhanced productivity for content creators.
The connector in XDocs CCMS v3.0 provides FrameMaker (FM) 10 users with increased dexterity and greater control over XDocs content. FM10 users can now access files and perform more actions on content in the XDocs repository all from within the FM authoring environment. Features in the FM10 connector allow users to perform extra CCMS tasks directly from the FM authoring environment such as:
• Log on and off the XDocs repository
• Browse and view the XDocs repository files
• Check out/in files from the XDocs repository
• Create new files and save changes in the XDocs repository
• Enjoy XDocs CCMS outstanding link management while using FM10
“I am really excited about the integration between Bluestream XDocs CCMS and FrameMaker10,” said Kapil Verma, Senior Product Manager at Adobe. “I am sure our customers would welcome this development and use the connector, which offers a tighter integration between our two products. I look forward to working closely with Bluestream to continue offering great value in the future as well as to our customers in the structured authoring space.”
Bluestream is pleased to partner with Adobe to provide enhanced connectivity and tighter integration for FM10 users in XDocs CCMS v3.0. Since FM7.2, Bluestream has been offering support to its many XDocs clients who use structured FM for authoring.
According to Nenad Furtula, Bluestream VP of Marketing and Sales, “A majority of technical documentation teams use Adobe’s FrameMaker, so when Adobe introduced structured FM7.2 three years ago, and we were able to integrate FM in XDocs—it’s been really good for our business. Now, we are very pleased to offer our FrameMaker10 users even tighter system integration within XDocs v3.0! The real credit, however, goes to Leximation as the creators of DITA FMx. They have enabled and, to date, maintained the XDocs/FM connector.”
Adobe revolutionizes how the world engages with ideas and information. Adobe’s award-winning software and technologies have set the standard for communication and collaboration for more than 25 years, bringing vital and engaging experiences to people across media and to every screen in their lives, at work and at play. The impact of Adobe software is evident almost everywhere you look. Whether people are collaborating at work, transacting online, or socializing with friends, businesses use Adobe software and technologies to turn digital interactions into richer, high-value experiences that reach across computing platforms and devices to engage people anywhere, anytime. With a reputation for excellence and a portfolio of many of the most respected and recognizable software brands, Adobe is one of the world’s largest and most diversified software companies. All Adobe software offer unparalleled stability, innovation, and business value that technical communicators can confidently put their trust in. Adobe’s innovative solutions for technical communicators are market-leading best-of-breed software and include Adobe FrameMaker10, the industry-leading template-based authoring and publishing solution for unstructured, structured, and XML/DITA/S1000D content – which has been the professional standard for the last 25 years.
Bluestream’s flagship product XDocs enables organizations of all sizes to realize the benefits of DITA at a lower cost than the competition, with a comparable or better quality product, thus offering unparalleled value. XDocs is an out-of-the-box, DITA-enabled Component Content Management System (CCMS) that deploys in hours rather than weeks, is easy to use, and has a tight integration with various XML editors. Its flexible, unlimited user-licensing, and optional modules—such as Workflow, Knowledge Base, Online Reviewer, and Translation Manager—allow for economical end-to-end content creation, management, and publishing. XDocs customers range from Fortune 100 organizations seeking complex cross-departmental DITA solutions to small businesses containing single author documentation teams.
- Webinar—DITA: The Xerox Enterprise Approach Released: May 16, 2013
- Webinar—Squeeze the maximum value from your terminology Released: May 7, 2013
- Bluestream offers enhanced sales and support in Europe Released: Feb 21, 2013
- XDocs version 3.5 delivers on DITA translation promise Released: Dec 19, 2012
- Simply XML Announces New Relationship with Bluestream Released: Sep 7, 2012
- Webinar: Taking the Pain out of SME Review Released: Mar 8, 2012
- Bluestream releases XDocs v3.1 bringing suite of powerful DITA-enabled doc solutions to Mac users Released: Feb 15, 2012
- Adobe Partnership Released: Nov 30, 2011
- XDocs v3 Released Released: Sep 22, 2011
- DITA Europe 2011 Released: Sep 19, 2011
- XDocs CCMS v.2.4 Released Released: May 5, 2011
- Bluestream Announces Strategic Partnership with SyncRO Soft in order to deliver a better and a more Released: Mar 14, 2011