Bluestream releases XDocs v3.1 bringing suite of powerful DITA-enabled doc solutions to Mac users
Bluestream breathes life into DITA for Mac users with the world’s first CCMS to run natively on the Mac OS, and it includes an Oxygen XML Editor connector
February 15, 2012, Vancouver, Canada: Bluestream Database Software Corp.—a provider of DITA-enabled Component Content Management System (CCMS) solutions—now brings powerful document solutions to Mac users with the release of XDocs v3.1. Bluestream’s XDocs Explorer and Oxygen XML Editor connector are now available for the Mac OS and bring Mac users the wide-ranging dexterity of XDocs CCMS and the elegance of Syncro Soft’s Oxygen XML Editor and XML Author.
XDocs v3.1 allows Mac users to operate the fully featured desktop client, XDocs Explorer, natively on the Mac OS and enjoy rich integration with Oxygen XML Editor and XML Author. New features in XDocs v3.1 also provide users with:
- CHM Publish, fully integrated CHM publishing
- XHTML Help Publish
- PDF Landscape Page Anywhere—Any topic can be marked with outputclass=‘landscape’ and be printed as landscape orientation. All subsequent pages will be portrait.
- Speed and Memory Publish Improvements—Both memory use and publish time have been reduced. Many output types now publish more than 30% faster.
- Integration with XXE v 5.1—Free editor that ships with XDocs, which now has enhanced DITA support.
XDocs is the world’s first DITA-enabled CCMS to work on the Mac OS. Up to now, Mac users have largely been left out of the DITA-based domain. With the release of XDocs v.3.1, Mac users can, for the first time, access the full suite of CCMS features for DITA-based documentation on the Mac OS.
Syncro Soft CEO Stefan Vasile states, “The formidable combination and the tight integration between the Oxygen XML Editor and XDocs CCMS working on the Mac natively opens a gateway into the world that has for the most part been closed to Mac users—and that is exciting.”
Nenad Furtula, VP Sales and Marketing Bluestream Database Software, says, “It is very exciting to be able to offer a solution that works on multiple platforms, Mac in particular. I think that there is a certain portion of the market out there that will be very pleased with this solution.”
About Syncro Soft
Syncro Soft develops the industry-acclaimed oXygen XML Editor, which facilitates teams in small businesses, Fortune 500 enterprises, universities, government agencies, and international organizations in authoring documents, publishing in different formats, collaborating with team members, and managing content. At the same time,
enables XML developers to develop advanced style-sheets, edit schema, generate documentation, debug files, and connect databases. It provides the widest coverage of state-of-the-art XML technologies, complies with standards of World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) and of other organizations, and enhances productivity through an intuitive and innovative authoring and development environment.
Bluestream’s flag-ship product XDocs enables organizations of all sizes to realize the benefits of DITA at a lower cost than the competition, with a comparable or better quality product, thus offering unparalleled value. XDocs is an out-of-the-box, DITA-enabled Component Content Management System (CCMS) that deploys in hours rather than weeks, is easy to use, has a tight integration with various XML editors, and runs on multiple operating systems. Its flexible, unlimited, user-licensing, and optional modules—such as Workflow, Knowledge Base, Online Reviewer, and Translation Manager—allow for economical end-to-end content creation, management, and publishing. XDocs customers range from Fortune 100 organizations seeking complex cross-departmental DITA solutions to small businesses containing single author documentation teams.
- Webinar—DITA: The Xerox Enterprise Approach Released: May 16, 2013
- Webinar—Squeeze the maximum value from your terminology Released: May 7, 2013
- Bluestream offers enhanced sales and support in Europe Released: Feb 21, 2013
- XDocs version 3.5 delivers on DITA translation promise Released: Dec 19, 2012
- Simply XML Announces New Relationship with Bluestream Released: Sep 7, 2012
- Webinar: Taking the Pain out of SME Review Released: Mar 8, 2012
- Bluestream releases XDocs v3.1 bringing suite of powerful DITA-enabled doc solutions to Mac users Released: Feb 15, 2012
- Adobe Partnership Released: Nov 30, 2011
- XDocs v3 Released Released: Sep 22, 2011
- DITA Europe 2011 Released: Sep 19, 2011
- XDocs CCMS v.2.4 Released Released: May 5, 2011
- Bluestream Announces Strategic Partnership with SyncRO Soft in order to deliver a better and a more Released: Mar 14, 2011